Monday, November 2, 2009

Seriously?


I am fascinated by this show on TV called "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant". Really? How can someone go full term and never have an inkling? I understand not experiencing cravings, morning sickness or swelling, and even confusing bleeding with an irregular cycle, but two things really make me wonder...

One, how do you not get a bigger tummy? I used to think it was slightly possible if the person was too overweight, but that show has both large and very tiny women go full term and never know they're pregnant. Even the tiniest of pregnant women I know (like my cousin Anna) still look like there's something in the oven. Doesn't their tummy look and feel a little bit different after nine months? I just don't understand that.

Two, how in the world do you not feel the baby move, especially during the last two to three months when the baby is dancing around like it's New Year's Eve? How does one explain that movement away? Sometimes I think Nicole's foot will disco right out of my skin. For some of the women this isn't even their first pregnancy. Very interesting.

Yes, this is a VERY random post, but I just sit there watching these people tell their stories and think that they must be keeping some of their suspicions secret. I mean, it feels like I've been pregnant for a year. That's a long time to never even wonder. What do you think?

8 comments:

Annette said...

I have been amazed when I've heard these stores also. How could you not feel something? I think there must be some major denial or something going on with the women. Blessings to you and your family -- especially on Friday!

Lana said...

I have seen that show and it is incredible to me too. I think if you were fluffy, and if you were lucky and had not tired, sick feelings, and if it was your first, and if you had irregular periods and if if if you might not notice for 6 months or so but at some point??

Anna said...

I know!! there's no way.

Genni said...

I so hear you...those stories are bazaar. I was kinda wishing I had a pregnancy like that...no symptoms, no weight gain, and then all of a sudden a baby pops out when you're sleeping. How nice. Hope all goes well with your little darling. :)

Natalie said...

I have always wondered about that myself. Seems really odd. I should have been that lucky.
Can't wait til friday. Lots of prayers for you all.

the Wilcox Family said...

I asked myself the same question after falling upon that show. There's no way! Pregnancy is definitely detectable. . . mine was as apparent as a big yellow school bus. Maybe there's money in it for them . . . . Good luck this week! She's a lucky baby!

A Lark said...

I agree - there is no way these women wouldn't know they were pregnant!! "Reality Show"? Yeah, right!

The Swensons said...

i think they totally lie to get the moola from the tv show. I mean, really people. There is a living person INSIDE you and you don't even know?