Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Awake

I'm not wanting to go to bed yet. I've been at the computer for four hours now, just doing this and that...pictures, emails, reading, internet searches, Mary's birthday party planning, thinking... simply enjoying the creativity of it all. The house is so quiet. No darling children crowded around my ankles. No thoughts of what I still have to do around the house. No phone calls. No interruptions. Just silence. But, it's a trade off. It also means less sleep. So, it doesn't happen too often. Sleep, I've discovered, is just as important to being a decent mom. I'm sitting here thinking about my sweet little family...they're almost all in our room right now. From the study I can hear their sleeping sounds and reflect on my favorite parts of the day, like Noah's excited frog finding face. What joy! I think I'll dream on that a little.

{So cute, even with his outdoor induced runny nose}

{Snips and snails and puppy dog tails
and all that's GOOD in the world}

12 comments:

Natalie said...

Your little Noah is a cutie and all boy I can see. The girls are so beautiful. Quiet time is nice, but you're right. It's a trade off.
The time passes so quickly and soon all of your time is quiet. I can't wait to get back to some noise from children.
Love you lots.

Brandan and Becky said...

Those little frogs are quick-- good job Noah for catching one.

If I could pick a superpower, I would choose not to need to sleep.

A Lark said...

It's fun to be creative for awhile - even when you sacrifice sleep. I did that last night as I worked on a scrapbook for a co-worker. It was rejuvenating.

utmommy said...

I love the quiet sometimes too.

I've been trying to get a hold of Sarah for a while. Has her cell phone changed? I don't have her home phone. If you talk to her would you tell her to give me a call? Thanks!

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

Too cute! I hadn't heard about the frog adventure, I'll have to ask him to tell me all about it today! Thanks for YW tonight, it was GREAT! I was thrilled that Desta's mom was there and so participatory!

Teachinfourth said...

Wait, isn't that one of those poisonous frogs?

Autumn said...

I definitely wish I could go without sleep. Every night I keep looking at the clock thinking how I should go to bed, but am often relishing being able to get things done more than my sleep. Of course, in the morning, I don't always think I made the right choice! You have a great poetic style of writing, P.S. = )

Scott & Natalie sherwood said...

Allison,
I was searching around on the internet and found you. You have a beautiful family!
Love, Natalie (Barlow) Sherwood
p.s. maybe you don't even remember me.

Annette said...

So sweet!

Egan Family said...

Allison- Hey I talked to Aaron a few days ago and I think i have asked him at least 20 times to send me photos of your new house. so I thought I should ask you. I really would love to see photos of your house. If you don't want to post them on your blog, you can send them to my email. Hayleyegan@hotmail.com
Hope we get to see you guys this summer. And I want your baby...she is so dang cute, i want to just squeeze her!! So CUTE!!!

Tim and Cindy Larsen said...

Look at those beauties! I LOVE YOUR KIDS..... I think what i love most is their combinations........ blonde curly hair, dark brown eyes, so so cute! Love the easter dresses and I'm with you on the computer thing...........such a blessing and a great place to go connect and feel a little more in touch with other people your actual own age...... my mom always says, that the dishes can wait............. I have always found her to be true.... I'm much quicker at them in the a.m.!

Unknown said...

Nadaulds! Love that you have a blog, visit ours sometime!