Monday, September 4, 2017

Back-to-School Feast 2017

Following our tradition of laboring on Labor Day we cleaned up the area by our basketball hoop, hauling earwig-infested logs from the pine tree that didn't survive our winter snow storm back to the front of the house via golf cart and wheelbarrow. Nicole made a sign for the free wood and most of it was picked up by a sweet older gentleman just a few doors down. How do I not know my neighbors yet? I'm taking note to change that. 

After we admired the clean area we pulled out the back-to-school feast box and started creating this year's crowns. It went like clockwork. The tradition is in place and little effort for me now. That makes it a nice way to kick off the new school year. 

Grandpa took the crew to McDonald's for one more summer treat and we swam afterwards while I finalized first day of school outfits for the kids. How can summer already be over? It has been a whirlwind of a season and filled to the brim with play, fun, and breathtaking sunsets (except for this last month...ugh! The wildfire smoke is thick). While I'm sad to see it go, I must admit that I'm ready. Seasons come at just the right times and I'm grateful for the constant moving, recycling, and rejuvenation they bring.

At our back-to-school feast we ate crock pot chicken (AGAIN...easy!) and shared this year's theme: I can do all things through Christ which strenghtheneth me (Phillipians 4:13). We can grow. We can change. We can improve. We can learn. ALL, because of Him...His perfect life, His divine mission, His absolute perfect love. I hope these sweet babies of mine will always remember this very special promise, not just this school year, but for all time. Turn to Christ. He will strengthen and lead us on our journey home to our Father. 

Then it was tender father's blessings, showers/baths, and settling into bed. Good-bye sweet summer...you've been pretty epic...until next year! 


0 comments: