Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Swing Addicts

Mary got a new swing set for her second birthday in April (Thank you Grandma, Grandpa, Damian, and Sarah). She can stay on the swing for hours on end. In fact, every time we go to the park, she needs to spend at least one or two hours on "her" swing. This makes taking turns a little difficult. Noah just eats it up too. He's such a fan of whatever Mary's doing, and Mary loves to push him as well.

I started telling Mary that the swings at the park down the street are all wet from the sprinklers when we go for our walks in the morning so I don't have to stop and push her forever. Sometimes I tell her that Daddy will push her when he comes home, just so I can escape standing in the hot sun. I can't wait until she can pump her legs on her own. That takes like only a year or two, right?

Mary wanted me to include the poem she wrote while swinging yesterday. She is becoming quite the poet, but really, it isn't too surprising since she's of course as advanced as they come:)

Swing Affair
by: Mary Nadauld

I love you Swing, I love you Swing.
When Mommy pushes me--I sing and sing!
You make me soar; you make me giggle.
And sometimes you even tickle my middle.
I'll visit you each day that I can,
At the park, in my yard, in the grass or the sand.
And when it's time to say goodbye--
I'll cry and cry and I'll cry and I'll cry!



8 comments:

Kim said...

Hi Allison! You have such a cute family. :) I saw Emily at Jen's wedding yesterday, and she told me about your blog. E-mail me at kimberlg@gmail.com and I'll invite you to mine. Hope you're doing well! Kimber

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

I love it! She is so smart. . .best investment we ever made!

Kristy Swenson said...

Swinging at the park is one of my favorites too! Hope you and the family are doing well!! :)

The deVilleneuves said...

Very good poetry, Mary. I think she has a talent! And I'm glad her addiction is one that can be handled. Are there swing therapists? She's adorable (not a surprise with her family roots and all!)

Lana said...

wow! Mary is really a good poet!! :) She's so cute.

Jen said...

Hey Nadauld Family! We miss you guys, its hard to see picture of you guys having a good time without us! I'm loving your blog! Your kids are so freaking cute! Not a big shocker. Hope all is well with you both. Oh yeah, next time there is a trip to the Bahamas we would like to be included! Just started a blog, check it out. Maybe even leave a comment, that way I don't feel like I'm the only one reading it! bobandhisgirls.blogspot.com

utmommy said...

What a cute little poet! Glad she likes her swing!

Jen said...

I tagged you! Check out my blog to see what you have to do.

bobandhisgirls.blogspot.com