Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Love Bug

On Valentine's this year our family was bitten by the Love Bug's evil twin...also known as...the wicked Flu Bug. Instead of chocolates, roses and musical melodies we enjoyed Ginger Ale, tissues, and sounds unmentionable. Noah was the first to be bitten, followed by Aaron along with my more milder case. The only family survivor was our own little Lovebug, Mary. We're just waiting for her to fall victim and helpless.



We did manage to enjoy our nieces' beautiful baptism, despite the fact that several cousins lay pale and puking in neat little rows. We also made some Valentine's treats for Mary and Noah's "friends" (cousins).



Although in many ways it was a torturous weekend, there's nothing that makes you feel more loved and needed than your child falling to sleep in your arms exhausted from illness. What a way to remember how grateful you are for the love of your family.

By the way, sorry for the lack of posting..two months have passed by. Wow! I just recently joined Facebook and have been spending my "Blogging Time" reconnecting with so many old friends. What a treat. I haven't responded to any of your blogs, but plan on commenting very shortly. Don't write me off...yet!

12 comments:

Lana said...

sorry you were sick :( We had a puke fest in 03 that I still remember with a shudder!

I love your cute red bedding and even cuter little love bug!

Dianna said...

Yeah! I've been wondering (o.k. AND worrying just a bit!) about you. I'm glad to know you've just been busy and had that nasty flu bug. Your little love bug isn't so little anymore! She just gets more and more adorable. Can't wait for more updates. Love you!

The Swensons said...

Allison, your family is so cute! And I am very happy for little Mary. There is nothing worse than being sick (well, maybe it is worse being the mommy who has to clean it up....)

Anonymous said...

Mary is just too cute.

I love that little girl.

Ambyr said...

We missed you! Welcome back. Mary is the cutest thing ever. Love it.

utmommy said...

I hate the flu bug. NO fun. Hopefully it's gone for good. Mary is SOOO cute.

I'm liking facebook too!

Kristy Swenson said...

Mary is adorable! Hope the family is feeling better, and hopefully your cute little love bug won't get sick. :)

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

Those were the cutest (and yummiest) valentines ever! Cute shot of Miss Mary, too! Love you all!

Annette said...

It was so good to see you last week. Those were the cutest valentines, and Mary is such a doll. I hope you are all well now.

Anna said...

oh man those valentines are so cute! Love you bed too!

I'm hoping Mr. Flu skips us this year...so far so good!

Unknown said...

so glad to see your updates...i haven't been the best blogger either. Facebook is so addicting!! Hope you guys are better. Your family is so beautiful!

Ho Ching Happenings said...

Allison, you are adorable!! And so are your children!! I saw your blog through Emily's, I was just checking on her and the babies. Its been a long time, but I wanted to say Hi! Lots of Love, Amy Walker Ho-Ching From Dev 5.