Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Beach Babies

We took a quick trip back home this weekend for my cousin Pierre's return from Iraq and my good friend Debra's wedding reception. The weekend was jam packed with visits, activities, and a peek at our new little niece Lucy Jane Nadauld. After our six hour drive we arrived in San Bruno just itchy to run around. So, we headed to the beach! Instead of driving to Half Moon Bay we chanced it in Pacifica. Would you believe there was no fog or wind? The kids had a great time running away from the waves... with only a few slips, some wet clothes, several frozen toes, the smell of salt in our hair, and unbearable sandy numb legs afterwards. Sometimes, I really miss California!

11 comments:

Dianna said...

I was in SF this weekend too! Man, we were so close! Cute pictures of the kiddos. They're getting so big!

Natalie said...

Cute little beach babies. I love Ca too.

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

I miss it too! These are so cute, I'm glad the weather was good and no one fell in. That always seems to happen to my non-beach kids. . . someone gets so cold and wet and cries and it spoils it. Poor kids!

The Swensons said...

So cute~I miss California too! I guess technically I do live in California but I don't think living in the middle of the Mohave desert 20 minutes from Death Valley really counts....there's no water here!

Annette said...

Looks like you had a great time. You look fantastic!

TheTerry's said...

This is Sara Richards Terry. Of course I remember you! How fun to be back in touch. You have a beautiful family! I'll add you to my blog so i can peek in regularly. Have a happy day!

utmommy said...

I totally miss the beach. Looks like fun times.

Boyd Family said...

Love the Beach!!! Looks like you guys had a blast! Miss you!

Bart and Krista said...

Your kids are so cute! What a fun family you have. We miss you guys so much!

Unknown said...

how awesome...I was so sad to miss debra's reception...she looked fantastic in her anouncement photo...she married someone who's parents live in Travis' parents ward in So. Cal...something like that...can't remember. Your family is so beautiful!! I was just looking at my wedding pics and was thinking about old days!!

Unknown said...

oh yah...bring a thing of baby powder next time you go the beach...before loading in the car...cover their sandy legs with the baby powder, it dries up the water and the sand falls right off....great trick with kids :)