Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The Magic of Bubble Gum, Grandma, and Joyln

Mary reminds me every so often of her favorite photographer, Joyln Hutsell with Ambience Photography. She works magic. She can masterfully capture your kids' beauty and unique expressions in a 10 minute or less photo shoot. Now, Mary's smart. She has picked up on this magic and sings her praises whenever the word picture is mentioned, literally, she sings about her all the time. Her song mostly consists of the following lyrics in a variety of tunes: "Jolyn, Jolyn, Jolyn, takes my pictures, and then...I get bubble gum".

Yes, the other magic trick to help get incredible pictures is to bribe your children with bubble gum. If you buy that bubble tape stuff it lasts for a long time, so they think their getting a great deal. Noah doesn't chew bubble gum yet, but he also doesn't require bribing...just a few toys during the shoot and Grandma's amazing distractive techniques. She has a gift.

Somehow your years of terrible camera work and minimal numbers of professional photo shoots get washed away with experiences like these. I hope I take some time to get more done of the whole family...and soon! They grow way too fast!

So, which picture do you like best?

Noah 1:

Noah 2:

Noah 3:

Noah 4:

Noah 5:



Mary 1:

Mary 2:

Mary 3:

Mary 4:

Mary 5:



Together 1:

Together 2:

Together 3:

Together 4:

17 comments:

A Lark said...

Love all the pictures! I am always a fan of the ones with the kids smiling. And my favorite is you and the kids!

Emilee said...

Noah-4, Mary-2, and Together-4 (Too precious!). What amazing pictures!!! My opinion is that bubble gum works as a bribe for everything!

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

I really can't pick a favorite, I love them ALL. . .I do like Noah's toes, though... I'll take them with some chocolate sauce.

Annette said...

All are so cute, but I chose the one with you in it, too. And, congratulations on the new little one.

Lana said...

I love the one of you and the babes together too! So sweet.
And are you pregnant?!!
Congratulations!!!!

Nicole said...

These pictures are so cute! You have inspired me to get some done of my kids. Luke is 2 and I have never had a professional picture taken of him! Too bad I can't use your photographer, I love that artistic look.

jayne wells said...

Allison!
So glad to hear from you! Your family is so cute. Mary looks just like you! When is your baby due?

allison nadauld said...

I am due November 10th...just 9 weeks along. I am glad you caught the baby ultrasound.

Kari said...

I have been singing Jolyn's praises for seven years now, she rocks!!! I can't wait to get family pics done after seeing those, you know how I just love Noah, maybe we can give him some growth hormone so him and Adeline can marry someday, and then Jolyn can take their pics!!

And congrats on the baby, I was really hoping it was twins, you would be the perfect twin Mom!

Sandra said...

They're all beautiful!!

Anna said...

congratulations too! Your kids are soo cute, i can't wait to see pictures of the next one! I'm feeling really good so far...hope it lasts!

Allison Scherer said...

They are all beautiful. I like Noah 1 & 2, Mary 1 & 2, and together 3 & 4. That probably doesn't really help you narrow it down. Congrats on the baby. We miss you guys!

Natalie said...

Oh my goodness. I was wondering if you were expecting. Congratulations! What exciting news.
I love all of the pictures. Your babies are so adorable and so sweet. Love the one of the 3 of you. You should really frame that one and hang it up.
Love you.

Boyd Family said...

WOW!!! What amazing shots! I definitely LOVE the one with the three of you!!

The Florist said...

My favorite? The last one with you and your two equally adorable peanuts. So cute. Who is the photographer? Local?

Unknown said...

Idiart! Oh wait, guess I can't call you that anymore...Allison! How are you guys? You guys make the most beautiful babies ;) Glad to find your blog!

AnnDee said...

Mary 1 Noah 3 those are my favorites. I've been out of the blogging world -- but just thought I'd see how my family is doing these days. How are you feeling? Getting to the end. I'm so excited to hold a baby girl at Christmas. :) too bad she'd not mine. Maybe soon though.