Wednesday, January 13, 2010

When Daddy Gets Them Dressed


Noah:
Nike silky sport shirt + red striped sport pants
What are you supposed to put with those shirts anyway? Does it have to be a matching silky set? Sweat bottoms? Silky shorts?
Seriously. Help me.

Mary:
Swim suit cover up (rainbow--to get her so excited she doesn't want to take it off)+ white tights + white t-shirt
Note: Today is rainy and very wintery

Nicole:
Safe in pretty pink florals and protected under her mother's eye


Aaron was so sweet to get the kids dressed today.
I usually know it's going to be good when he walks down the stairs with a funny smile and says, "I got the kids dressed".
If I wasn't in the bathroom getting ready myself Mary would have had a matching hair-do like this one a while back:



In my former teacher life, I used to have my class dress up goofy on a random day of year...always a Wednesday. We called it Wacky Wednesday (from a book) and would do backwards and bizarre things all day. It always comes to my mind when he tries to "mix it up a little". What a fun husband.


It is Wednesday.
Go ahead. Wear something a little zany, a little out of the ordinary, a little mismatchy.
A little WACKY!


8 comments:

Bart and Krista said...

Does staying in your pajamas until 5:30 pm count as wacky? Because that's what I did today.

Emilee said...

Love the trip down memory lane, back to SSV days! I remember you wearing that wet suit! I love the creative outfits... go Aaron!

A Lark said...

I LOVE that your family still dresses "wacky" sometimes! I can totally see your cute husband coming downstairs with a smirk on his face. I miss you guys!

Annette said...

So fun catching up on the last entries. Your family is so beautiful, even when daddy dresses them!

utmommy said...

Too funny!

One time I was doing Jordyn's hair and I was putting it up in a pony tail. I saw a bunch of little tiny short hairs at the back of her neck that were clearly cut off. I asked her if she cut her hair, she sweetly said no. I asked her again and she said, "No Mom, Dad did". So I asked Ryan if he did and he said yes. Apparently when I was out of town he was doing her hair and couldn't get those hairs to stay up in the pony tail, so he cut them off. I asked him why he didn't just put them in a clip. He told me the clips were too hard so he just cut her hair instead. He hasn't done her hair for a long time since then.

Funny husbands.

Kari said...

Too cute! However, he rocks in the hair department! Mary looked so hip and cool on Sunday, with her side pony!!

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

Hey, who's that hot surfer with the Marge Simpson hair? You and Aaron are perfectly matched. When I saw how your kids were dressed, I thought, "Oh, that's how Ben dresses everyday!" Now I know. Ben and Aaron have the same mentality. Ha. Also, Val's comment made me wet my pants. Can Aaron come over and help me pick out a clean outfit?

Nicole said...

Funny! It is always an adventure when my husband dresses the kids. Not only do they not match, he manages to find the only thing in the drawer that is two sizes too small. But, they love the stuff he lets them wear. Adam is always complaining that I make him wear "button shirts."

And, by the way, your family is so cute!