Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Bobs, Bangs and Leprachauns

For most of my life I have had long hair. I am one of those emotionally attached hair people. You know the kind--the ones that cry for a few days after a drastic hair chopping? Well, ever since I've become a mom, my willingness to try new things has improved. Perhaps it's that little extra excitement added to the mundane chores of cooking, cleaning, and laundry? Because now I'm cooking that spaghetti with fun cute bangs across my forehead! It also helps that I have an amazing hair dresser whom I trust and consistently go to. And after seeing my hair dresser, Jaime's, bangs I decided copy catting was the only choice.
So here they are...bangs!

And to help with Mary's finally-getting-long-fine hair I decided a bob would push it towards the long thick hair I know will one day grace that cute noggin. While I think the cut is super darling, I really miss her long wispy waves and morning bed head.
I think I'm becoming emotionally attached to her hair now.


And by the way, Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!

21 comments:

The Florist said...

Darling! Totally adorable...both you AND Ms. Mary!

Bart and Krista said...

I love it! You both look great!

the Wilcox Family said...

Love the bangs! You really pull it off well--I tried once . . . didn't work. And Mary lovely, just like her Mom.

Brandan and Becky said...

Cute bangs and cute bob! I've inherited my dad's worry- lines (except he's 67 and I'm not) so I think I'll have bangs for the rest of my life.

Kari said...

Love, love, love the hair! Two totally cute ladies, and one stud muffin in a hat!

Natalie said...

I love the bangs. You look so b- eautiful. Mary looks adorable. Happy St. Paddy's day to you an your darling family.
Hugs.

Genni said...

Good for you for being adventurous! You look great! And Mary looks darling.

A Lark said...

Both of you have cute hair! Change is good - adds a little excitement to your life.

Dianna said...

Super cute Allison...both you AND Mary. I like the bangs for sure!

Anna said...

Cute Bob, Cute Bangs, and cute Leprechaun!

Emilee said...

LOVE the bangs! And the slight layering around your face. It totally changes your look and I'm diggin' it! Might as well do it while it's in style!! And Mary's bob is adorable! We also have thin hair at our house & Caitlyn's hair is perpetually in a bob. However, your baby doesn't seem to have inherited the thin hair. XOXO

Autumn said...

Way cute - good for you for taking the risk (both for you and Mary!). I have bad memories of bangs from my childhood, I don't know that I would dare again, but it's tempting when I see it turn out so cute!

utmommy said...

Love the bangs!! I have bangs right now too. It took me a while to get used to them.

Love the bob too!

mistie said...

You, fortunately, can rock ANY look, you lucky woman!
Miss Mary is beautiful as always, and Mr. Noah is quite the fashion statement!

Emily said...

You look great with the bangs!:)

The Swensons said...

Love the bangs and the bob--I am going to cut some bangs on myself actually! Great minds think alike.

Annette said...

You both look so cute! As does the leprechaun.

Ashlee said...

LOVE the hair! Your family is so beautiful! I know that this isn't the trend anymore, but I think we should arrange a marriage between your daughter and my son. She is darling!

Tim and Cindy Larsen said...

Love the bangs and the bob........ now lets just get aaron to do something new....hum.....maybe that "after mission" bleached blonde look would be just the thing.......

Allison Scherer said...

Super cute! It was a risk worth taking!

Kim said...

You're both beautiful! :)