Saturday, November 6, 2010

One is Fun!


I have to say, I love the stage when babies start to become a little more independent and you get to see their personalities shine through. There is no doubt in my mind that we came to this earth as individual spirits with strengths and gifts of our own. This picture says it all.

Our little Nicole Christine turned one yesterday and is growing fast. She is almost walking and can maneuver up and down the stairs with ease. Nicole knows what she wants and will let you know it too. She is loving, cuddly, happy, strong, and a serious riot.

Her favorite thing to do is go outside. If I leave the back door open, she crawls with warp speed out the door and gets all messy, eating everything in sight--grass, mud, bugs, you name it. She loves every minute of it. She also loves to hang out in the pantry and get into everything. I can't close doors fast enough around here. She called the cops the other day while Grandma was watching her. I think she has a radar for phones, remotes, and lollipops. When she sees something she wants she can grab it faster than you can stop her.

Her favorite food is probably rice, veggies, or some kind of dinner food she can get all covered in. We have been blessed with really good eaters. She also loves to hang upside down and her laugh tickles me silly. She loves being with Noah and Mary and gets so excited when they play with her. Nicole is getting better at sleeping, and when she feels good, sleeps through most of the night. I am very happy about her most recent sleeping pattern since there are only four more weeks until the next little guy will keep us awake.

I wonder what she will think of her brother and how she will react? I wonder if she will be as close as I was to my 13 month younger brother? No doubt she will love him and want to be all over him. I can't wait!

Happy Birthday Nicole! We LOVE you!

8 comments:

Bart and Krista said...

She's adorable! Sounds like such a fun girl!

Alan and Ginny Fisher said...

I love it! It sounds like my little world of babies :)

Natalie said...

Happy Birthday to Nicole. She is an adorable, beautiful little girl as are all of your children. I want to hold her and give her some big kisses.

I can just picture her getting into all kinds of mischief with that sweet smile on her face and her sparkly eyes shining.

You should post a picture of yourself waiting for baby number 4. I'm sure you looking radiant.

HUGS!

Lana said...

Happy Birthday Nicole!

utmommy said...

Happy Birthday!

She is such a cutie! She is such a cuddly little girl. I loved just holding her this summer.

Brandan and Becky said...

What a beauty! Only 4 weeks to go? Wishing you the very best sleep possible until then.

lindsay said...

That is the cutest picture I've ever seen! It confirms the fact that you could earn a lot of money if you had Nicole modeling for Baby Gap!

Tim and Cindy Larsen said...

such beautiful kids and of course the parents are hotties! Can't believe how close those kids will be, I'm sure you can't either...... lets do a sigh of relief and get excited for another cute little boy!