Sunday, May 11, 2014

A Noble Work

The best thing about getting homemade gifts for Mother's Day is that you can see how your children sometimes see you. I got some good ones this year delivered to my bed with breakfast....


From Noah:
"I love you because you are my mom and you give me kisses and hugs. My favorite thing about you is you love me so much. Thank you for always making me food and celebrating my birthday."

He also filled out an All About Mom paper...where he says that I like to work on the computer, eat salad, and relax by still working on the computer (I guess they notice that I am on the computer a lot...I need to check that a bit!). According to Noah the best thing I cook is brownies (boxed of course) and that he likes to do homework together.

Mary said, "The most important thing about my mom is that she makes the best chocolate chip cookies. It's true that she tucks me into bed, reads to me, and helps me with my homework. But the most important thing about my mom is that she makes the best chocolate chip cookies."

I had no idea...maybe I should go into a brownie, cookie business! So cute.

Mary played the prelude music in primary today. She did very well and in many ways our journey through piano lessons symbolizes the journey of motherhood. The sacrifices, dedication, and encouragement of a mother may feel exhausting at times, but seeing them grow and improve makes every second worth it.



We had a wonderful Mother's Day dinner at Christine's house. All the men cooked something delicious. My mom gave the ladies some awesome genealogy fan charts. Tiffany gave us all a a beautiful book from our Disneyland trip. We also celebrated Tanta Henri's 65th birthday.


I am feeling so grateful for my angel mother, mother-in-law, grandmothers, aunts, sister-in-laws, and women everywhere who have blessed my life and taken part in the most important and noble work of motherhood. There isn't anything I'd rather be a part of.


0 comments: