Sunday, May 18, 2014

My Sweet Boy

I got this email from Noah's teacher yesterday. I have been thinking about his tender kind heart a lot lately. I'm so grateful I get to be his mom.



Allison,
     I wanted to share a cute moment I had with Noah today.  I sometimes eat in the cafeteria at lunch and did so today.  I had the privilege of sitting next to Noah.  I have sat with kindergarten students many times over the last few years and third grade students before that but I must say this was the best conversation I have ever had at lunch.  I actually enjoyed myself beyond just being entertained by the kids which is always fun.
     First, Noah asked me all kinds of questions about what I liked to eat, what my favorites were, and shared his favorite restaurant (after some hints/guesses).  He listened and didn't just talk at me.  He responded to what I was saying and continued the conversation, not just jumping from topic to topic.  This is all rare in any elementary school chat.  Then he did something I have NEVER seen in my years in the classroom/cafeteria.  
     Elise was sitting on the other side of him and also trying to participate in the conversation, and also with appropriate dialogue, questions, etc.  So Noah asked Elise if she wanted to trade spots so she could have her turn I think and her share of the conversation. It was such a thoughtful thing to do, and I know they are cousins but still really kind and without prompting from Elise or me.  It was just a great way to spend my lunch and I think a great example of what lovely children you are raising.  Thank you for sharing with me.
Kerrie

1 comments:

Tiffany said...

This is so sweet. What a great boy. He is always so kind and loving to Lu. We are lucky to have him! And how sweet of Mrs. Bjorge to tell you all about it. I love her.