Monday, March 2, 2015

Oh How We'll Grow

This morning Mary asked me to help her create a poem for Dr. Seuss day. So, we looked at one of his books, "Oh, the Place You'll Go!" and reinvented it a bit. Here's what we came up with:

Oh How We'll Grow
by Mary Nadauld

Oh! the places you'll go,
as MRE students grow--
from small little seeds
to enormous tall weeds.

The, gardener, Mrs. Scott,
plants pot after pot,
Teachers water them well
so their brains, they will swell.

Then all at once you'll BLOOM!
And say with a BOOM!
"Oh the places I'll go,
with the things that I know!"

Mary's poem was read on the intercom today. She was so thrilled. The poetry contest ends Thursday, so we'll see if she will win a prize.

My favorite part of the day was playing a hilarious game of spoons for our family home evening activity. The kids made me laugh so hard. I couldn't help but think about how much they've already grown, each of them able to play the game independently.

Yes, all at once I can see... just how much they have bloomed.


0 comments: