Thursday, May 11, 2017

Sneaky

My mom told me she loved this piece of furniture the other day. I figured she probably wouldn't buy it for herself however. She just likes to buy things for other people (because she's selfless like that). But it would go perfectly at the top of her stairs, so we all pitched in to buy it for her. We were planning on getting it today when the store opened and surprising her with it on Mother's Day. Yesterday she texted that she needed help loading this piece from the store--she had decided to actually get it! I had to spill the beans about how we were getting it for her and begged her to let us at least buy it.

So, this morning, after making some decisions on the pool, Aaron and I snuck over to the store (it's only open on Thursday and Saturdays), bought the piece and loaded it into the car. The sweet owner had put it on hold for my mom. But after explaining the situation she let me buy it. We brought it home and tricked her into stopping by in the afternoon. My mom told me that the owner had texted that she sold it to someone else this morning; she was a little disappointed. When she walked in she realized who that person was! It wasn't the best surprise, but at least we beat her to the punch and got it before she could.


0 comments: