Sunday, August 10, 2008

Lost....and FOUND!...or was it really lost at all?

I am not sure if this disease is genetic (because I think I've seen it manifested in Aaron's twin before) or just male in nature. The typical symptoms begin with your husband not been able to find something that he should know the location of. This is followed by the question: "I can't find ___; do you know where it is?" This usually results in the wife finding the item in warp speed.


Yesterday, Aaron asked me where a cleaning bucket was. I should have gotten it for him, but instead I asked, "Did you look right outside the garage door?". He replied, "Yes". I said, "Really?". He said, "Uh, not that well". So, I went and got the bucket located two inches from the garage door? Hmmm. I'm getting a little suspicious. But really, he was using it to clean our porch, so I hope it doesn't sound like I'm complaining. Plus, he is always helping me around the house, more than he should in fact. I guess I can only say something when it's related to food that's EXTREMELY visible in the pantry.

Don't tell... but, I really don't mind being the finder in the family...it's fun to feel omniscient! And who could ever get mad at someone who looks this good anyway?

4 comments:

Lana said...

I think it's a boy thing.

But he is a cutie :)

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

Umm, not that well. . .I love that line. We have the reverse role in our house. Damian does all the fetching and I act dumb. It must be that your mother trained you to serve a little too well. ha ha

Tim and Cindy Larsen said...

I love feeling like the know-it-all too. Maybe it's just to keep us women going :)

The deVilleneuves said...

Ummm...my guess is that the home is your domain, and the office is his? And, it IS nice that he knows you know everything about your domain! I agree with Sarah, too...it may be an Idiart trait of service. Either way, I love your posts, and can TOTALLY relate.

Kudos to Mary on her swim skills. We'll have her in the Guard chair at girls camp in no time!