Sunday, June 22, 2008

Circus Circus

This weekend we went with the Idiart cousins to the local circus. It was a little bit of a let down for someone who is used to seeing Barnum and Bailey Circus. But I guess that's what you get in a small town. The only animal they had was a miniature horse. I was hoping for a lion, tiger, or elephant or something a little more exotic than a little horse. I actually think a dog would have done better tricks than the pony. It would make a complete stop for about ten seconds before it began to hop over a little hurdle. I don't know why, but when I go to things like that I start to worry for the family that puts on the circus... like do they know that their circus isn't great? Do they make enough money to support their family? Are they happy traveling so much? I shouldn't complain, because any time together is always a good time. Mary still had a lot of fun because all of her cousins were there. To top the afternoon off we went to McDonald's for dinner and had happy meals.



6 comments:

Emilee said...

What a disappointment not to see more animals. It still looks like you were having fun! And I love the boating pictures, too.

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

I don't know what you're talking about, that was the classiest circus, EVER! I asked "Fernandito" if I could join and run away from my life, girls camp, the handcart trek. But he didn't speak English.

For more photos of Miss Mary go to the link that says "Sarah and Damian" You won't be disappointed.

Allison said...

I love seeing pictures of you and your kids! I miss you guys.

Sounds like a heck of a circus! It was probably topped off by a couple of creepy clowns. Yikes! Hope everyone is happy and healthy!

Bart and Krista said...

It is about time that we found your blog. Anyway, I can't believe how big your kids are getting. We miss you guys so much. We keep thinking that we are going to find friends as good as you all, but no one measures up. Can you believe that? We would love to see you all this Christmas if you are going to be in Oregon. We will be in Seattle.

Tell Aaron that Family Guy is still funny.

Tim and Cindy Larsen said...

Ok, so tim and I just laughed our heads off reading about the circus (it sounds like aaron talking, but allison could be just as funny) we can't fiugure out where you live though, so we'll keep checking your blog to figure it out! your old dinner/condo row friends and sister to your FIRST AFTER MISSION KISS

Anonymous said...

Aaron, Cute Family!!