Sunday, September 7, 2008

Missing My Family

So, it's a little after 1:30 AM and I can't sleep. It's so quiet, not because everyone's asleep, but because I'm the only one here! Aaron has single handedly taken the kids to visit his parents for the entire weekend. I had been planning to spend Friday night and Saturday morning at a Relief Society retreat, when Aaron announced that he was taking the kids to St. George. What an amazing husband!

He boarded the plane alone, walked three miles from the terminal with Noah in the stroller, Mary walking behind, one car seat awkwardly positioned on his back, and another dangling off the stroller, suitcase and diaper bag in hand, and then boarded bus to shuttle to car rental. Wow! I don't think I could have done it. Even though it's tough doing it all alone, I know he's loving the time with the kids and his family...and I'm sure they are too! I wish I could just watch them from a bird's eye and see how darling they are together.

Now, it's very unusual for me to be experiencing insomnia. Typically, I can knock off in seconds. Perhaps it's because I got nine hours of heavenly sleep last night. Today (technically yesterday now) was very productive. It was filled with errands all over town (you know the kind you dread to do with children, like returning stuff), perfectly balanced meals for one, a great uninterrupted work out, and housecleaning galore. Now all I'm missing to enjoy it is my family.

I just keep thinking about this funny face Noah makes. Isn't it cute? He reminds me of a little leprechaun.


HURRY HOME!

8 comments:

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

You poor girl! I hope they have a great time and hurry home to Mamma!

Jen said...

I'm so JEALOUS! Being able to run errands without kids, I can't even imagine it. I'm going to have to talk Bob into doing something like that. Yeah right! I took the girls to California by myself, and thought I was going to end my life before the plane ride was over. Aaron is quite the trooper!

Ryan and Mistie said...

It's another of those love/hate things. Oh, the glorious chance to listen to your music in the car loud, with the windows down, without timing that car ride by potty breaks or baby meltdowns... but an empty house ... hope they are home soon!

Ambyr said...

I literally dread the day I'm home alone! I'm sure there are perks but snuggles with my men is the best perk of all. Good for you for going along with it.

And...that picture of Aaron as crew captain took me by surprise! ;)

Sandra said...

Hopefully they will come home soon! He is definitely amazing to do that feat by himself. Most men I know, including my husband, would never even THINK about it!

utmommy said...

I'd be missing my family too.

Christine said...

hey you cutie...i dont think i've commented on your blog before...which is silly b/c i love looking at it! Isn't it always how it is to be up when you really have the best chance to sleep...i am right there with you. WE hope Aaron's trip was fun...and i have a lot of respect for him having just traveld by plane with 2 too! We just love you guys so much and Marcus can't wait for "my Mary" as he calls her to be home...we'll hvae to get together this week.

Unknown said...

Hi Allison-

I am soooooo glad that you found my blog. Travis and I often talk about how we would love to catch up with you!! Actually, Ellie started first grade at Sunset View Elementary in Provo!! I think of you when I walk down the hall and think of helping with your bulletin boards, etc. I never thought that I would have my own child their. We are really happy with it so far!! Where are you guys living? How is your family? I'm so excited to watch your blog :)!!!