Monday, November 17, 2008

Family Night is FUN!

Lately, Mary has become so excited for family night. She asks about it during the week and looks forward to dancing as a family for one of our activities. It's amazing how much the little things affect our children. I would have never guessed that Mary could understand the difference between family night and any other night we're reading scriptures or doing something together...but she does. It makes us stronger as a family and is such a blessing.

Here is a picture of last Monday's family night. We were reading our King Benjamin's speech to the people while under this tent. We still haven't figured out how to make scripture reading super appealing yet. But I know it draws us together and brings a sweet spirit into our home. Oh, and one more thing...I LOVE the new Nursery manual. They are PERFECT family home evening lessons for the little ones (Thanks Annette).



Hope you all have a very HAPPY FAMILY NIGHT!!!!

8 comments:

Kari said...

Allison cute, cute, darling post, but seriously, what photoshop program do you have? I LOVE, the new family pics, I need to do something similar, so spill the beans sista!!

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

Sweet post, I love your simple testimony of FHE. . .you are a great hero! Love your family photos too, you all look GREAT!

allison nadauld said...

Okay Kari...and all of my family and friends who will read this (yes, all ten of you). I have had a few questions about my orange pumpkin pictures. Here's a tip I got from my friend Emilee (Thank you). Download this free photoshop like program. It is on photoscape.com. It's really fun and can do a lot. I made my Christmas cards with it. I am totally addicted. So jump on the band wagon, and get you and your family looking your best!! It doesn't allow you to alter edges/backgrounds/etc. like photoshop, so unfortunately you can't shave off those extra pounds or whiten those teeth (at least not that I've been able to figure out). But, please be aware that it is highly addictive.

marci said...

FHE is interesting at our house! With 3 wild kids, I never think they are 'getting' any of what I am teaching them. But then something will happen later and I think "they WERE listening!" One thing my kids love is being in charge of something. I bought a cute little wall hanging and everyone has a job. It is so simple, but has definitly made a big difference!

PS I love yoru pictures, too! :)

Christine said...

At first I was like...wow...they made the most elaborate red velvet tent I have ever seen! But then I realized it was your couch and blankets...you guys are too cute! I love it and LOVE LOVE LOVE your christmas card pics! They are so dang cute!

Rebecca said...

Yeah!!! I checked a blog-I'm so proud of myself! Very cute! We part the sea with our couch cushions-when Charlie/moses taps the umbrella/staff! Who knew the couch could be so versatile! love the tent! Thanks for reminding me Aaron-keep it up! :)

utmommy said...

How fun. We really need to get better at FHE. My kids love it.

AnnDee said...

I'm sending my kids over for FHE. Looks like fun!