Thursday, November 27, 2008

Three Turkey Gobblers and a Farmer

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday--remembering all your blessings, eating good food, playing/watching football, wearing sweaters, relaxing, and being with family. You don't have to shop, dress-up, or even decorate. Holidays also make me think back to my teaching years. This song comes to mind every Thanksgiving. (Big thanks to my amazing family for playing along!)

The night before Thanksgiving
when I had gone to bed.
I heard three turkey gobblers,
and this is what they said...

The first turkey said,
"I think that I will go,
and hide behind the haystack
where no one will know".

The second turkey said,
"I think I'll climb that tree
and hide up in it's branches
where no one will see".

The third turkey said,
"I think it would be fun,
to hide the farmer's hatchet
then run, run, run, run"!

Then on Thanksgiving morning
when the farmer came around
those three turkey gobblers
could not be found.


HAPPY THANKSGIVING! HOPE YOU ENJOY EATING YOUR TURKEY GOBBLER!!!

8 comments:

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

Too Cute, I'm glad the teacher in you still peeks out from time to time!! And How did you get those amazing thought bubbles on your photos? You are a blog genius!! We'll miss you today, xoxoxo, Sarah

Ryan and Mistie said...

What a bunch of turkeys! What a fun poem. . . and what good sports!

Natalie said...

You are too cute. Your family is adorable. I hope you have a wonderful holiday season.
I love you
Love n' hugs.

utmommy said...

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

The Carey's Corner said...

Allison!
I have been looking for you forever! I am so glad that I finally found you...Your family is cute!
I hope things are going well for you and I hope that we can get in touch with each other soon!
Love ya...Megan

Christine said...

love the turkey hat...why did you not wear that cute thing on Thursday!?! YOu are getting very clever with your balloons putting pics inside...well thanks again for your delicious green beans and salad...i'm going to costco today to get those beans!

Dianna said...

I think of this song every year on Thanksgiving TOO! Our teaching lives will be with us forever I think. Great way to get the family involved though. Maybe one day we'll have our own little 'flock' of Boyces to go with the song too! Love ya!

The deVilleneuves said...

Very funny. I love the new pics on your side bar. Nice antiquing. (Antiquing...is that a word?!)