Saturday, August 3, 2013

Baptism and Despicable Me 2

Today we had another stake baptism. It is a special part of my calling that I really enjoy participating in. We had three children baptized today. It always is a lot of busy work for me on these Saturdays, but I love it. I especially enjoy the kids and parents' faces when we present them with the baptismal frame. I grab a picture of the kids and run home to print the pictures and place them in the frame that I already prepared. They always come out nice, even though they cost only a dollar. We present the families with the frame at the end of the baptism. They are always so surprised by the fact that their picture, taken just moments before the baptism, is already in the frame. So fun!

Then after the baptism I took these cuties to see Despicable Me 2. I thought it was playing at White City, but realized when I got there that I was at the wrong theater. The kids and I ran, drove, and ran some more to Medford in time for the movie. Nicole, who we sometimes call Nikkirella, may have lost a shoe or two as we ran that we had to back track and grab. We only missed the previews. That was a miracle! And the kids were so nice about my huge blunder! Most of all, they were so happy being together and we stopped off for some cold stone ice cream afterwards.

I couldn't get the boys to not make silly faces so I ended up having them all make a silly face.



0 comments: