Friday, August 23, 2013

Job Jar & Bits of Summer

I can feel that summer is coming to a close. I am sad to see the beautiful weather and outdoor fun slip away, but I am ecstatic to have a little more routine. Despite all my efforts to keep consistency going, it's tricky in the summer with all the events and vacationing.

In preparation for kids leaving for school and chores falling by the wayside, I created a job jar that I copied from my friend's blog. Her jar was of course more crafty cute than this one. The kids are to pick 2 slips before they leave for school in the morning. They can be done quickly...some are creative like dusting while humming and some are easy like tell someone in your family 3 things you love about them. There is even one that says "No job today"...which, believe it or not, Mary actually grabbed out on her first pull!


We also got to play with the Seversons, Torreses, and Dances today. It was so nice catching up with Emily and her kids. It's been a long time.

At 3:00, the school posted the class lists for the new year. Mary and Noah got fantastic teachers and I was thrilled to see so many of their good friends in their classes. It's going to be a great year.

Then we went to the park with a bunch of families for a picnic dinner, live band, and the last outdoor movie of the season. Those Higginsons sure know how to shake a tail feather!


And congratulations to my second (maybe third) cousin Jenna on her wedding. The pictures are gorgeous...what a beautiful bride!

2 comments:

Aaron and Emily said...

We had a great time, thanks for having us over!

Stacee said...

Loving the job jar! I may have to copy you (and your friend :) ). And I LOOOOVE your new bike! Jealous!