Sunday, August 25, 2013

I think he had a much better view today...

than he did almost three years ago when he helped do this...


...numb my body from the waste down so I didn't feel an ounce of pain. Aaaah!

That's him (Brian) behind my head..crackin' jokes and reassuring me that I could in fact breathe even though the numbing sensation feels like you can't. In my cases, these scheduled c-sections are a serious party as long as you can drown out the screaming women experiencing natural child births next door. Poor things.

When we first moved here we learned that the hospital where I delivered didn't allow v-back deliveries. Since Mary was delivered by emergency c-section, the rest would be delivered cesarean as well. When I was pregnant with Noah they had us go into the hospital and meet the anesthesiologist a couple days before the scheduled procedure. This was the only time I remember doing this. They changed policies I guess for Nicole and Cameron.

Anyway, when I walked in, the doctor was very nice and recognized my last name. I had a feeling he may have been LDS. All of my anesthesiologists were not only LDS, but cougars...that was pretty cool. He asked me who my in-laws and I got excited to play the do you know game, instead he told me that he and Aaron were related. What? Really!? Dr. Hall explained that he and Aaron share the same great great grandparents on the Nadauld side. Immediately we called my father in-law and Aaron started feeling the genealogical bug. He contacted relatives asked questions and really enjoyed learning more of his Nadauld ancestors, as did I.

Well, with the birth of Cameron we lucked out and Brian was our anesthesiologist (nice for our pocket books too...since he gave us a family discount). It was so nice seeing him again. We had studied the connection more and have seen each other at various times. When my in-laws came for the blessing, we invited his family, his parents, and his sister's family (who also was connected to Christine and a bunch of friends) over for dinner. It was so fun because my father-in-law and Roger Hall (Brian's dad) were second cousins? They share the same great grandparents...their grandparents were brother and sister. That was neat to me. It is the same relation as one of the Arhets children to me...one of Lana's or Valerie's kids. Feels so much closer when you grow up with them.

Tonight, we had dinner at Brian and Jill Hall's home. It was beautiful and we got to catch up with his parents and his sister's family again. Brian is also a concert pianist. He is quite incredible and his son is outstanding as well.

Here's a picture I stole from Jill's facebook account since we didn't take a picture today.  Can you see the family resemblance between Aaron and Brian? Me neither... other than the fact that they are both really cool...


I tell you...that spirit of Elijah (the hearts of the children turning to the hearts of their fathers) it's a pretty amazing thing.

1 comments:

Aaron and Emily said...

Wow, he is not that far distant! Especially considering how much my kids play with their own 2nd cousins. Cool story.