Saturday, June 21, 2014

A.W.O.L.

At about 1:30 am early this morning Cameron got kicked in the head by a sleepy camper. It started a chain reaction of coughing, wheezing, and crying loud enough to wake up every father and son at the camp site. After some patient fathering attempts Aaron was left with no choice but to leave Noah behind with his uncles and hop in the car with his only located shoe and drive home.

At about 2:30am I was awakened by Aaron and a coughing Cameron. Confused by the two girls snuggled next to me and the surprise return of the boys I dazeley hopped out of bed. I grabbed Cameron some allergy medicine since he wasn't sick before he left, assuming it was some kind of weird reaction to the camp fire. Then I gave him a bath and soothed him to sleep with a little back rub. The cough was gone by 3am and he happily slept in all morning.

Hopefully next year's father and sons goes a little smoother.


0 comments: