Tuesday, September 9, 2014

All Four

Sometimes I wonder about the future. What will it be like when I am a mother-in-law and grandmother? Will our children live far? How will we know our grandchildren? Will our children and their spouses be close to each other? Will my daughters and sons-in-law feel comfortable around us?

We have been blessed to live near my brothers and their families, and I can't explain how much joy it brings to me to see our children raised together with very hands-on grandparents just steps away. I am sure my parents never imagined how connected our lives would be one day.

There are blessings to having your children close together in age and there are blessings for having space as well. I am grateful that because they are close I can already see their friendships developing. I hope they marry good people and that they will all be great friends, just as they are today.






0 comments: