Sunday, October 19, 2014

Don't Ever Forget to Pray

Mary was asked to sing in a little quartet at church today. She was so excited to perform. And it sounded very lovely, although it maybe the shortest song ever written.

I secretly taped it for my mom so she could watch her in action. It was so short though that I barely hit the record button in time.



I can't stop thinking about Damian's amazing talk today. It was on a conference message called "Like a Broken Vessel" by Elder Holland about how to help those who are struggling with depression and difficult challenges. He talked about three things we can do to help other around us. We can be kind, nonjudgmental, and merciful. I love this. The older I get the more I see that people are usually trying to do their best. We all have stories and pasts that affect us for good or bad and we just can't judge. There is only one person who knows our hearts and even then it's our responsibility to just love and think the best of others. I am grateful for this message. It is changing the way I look at others and my desire be like the Savior.

My mom made a delicious meal for the family to eat together after church. Even when she's not well she's still thinking of others. Nina and Nikki were doing strange things to their hair...such beautiful girls.


0 comments: