Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Overscheduling

I think parents are always worrying and wondering if they are overscheduling their kids. Mary tried out for the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory play today after school. She did such a great job reading for Violet that I wouldn't be surprised if she ended up with a speaking part. I've been working on getting the violin situation squared away, deciding we needed to purchase a better violin so she won't struggle so much learning to play it. Her weekly violin lessons along with piano lessons will keep her plenty busy. She will be starting basketball soon and with her normal school work I am hoping I haven't let her pile on too much.

We signed up for battle of the books earlier this year, and I am going to be a coach for four third graders. We're a little behind on her reading so we've come up with a reading plan to get caught up. We're spending a lot of our afternoons reading. I don't mind that very much, but it means I'm not super balanced in the attention I'm giving the other kids and housework.

I watched the Linthorst's baby today and he was just so easy and fun. Of course, these sweet babies make you wonder if you should have more, babies are so simple and naturally slow down life a bit. But then you have a crazy busy afternoon and realize, that handing me a baby while I am already drowning may not be the best idea.

 I'm hoping the dust will settle and I'll get it all figured out.


0 comments: