Saturday, May 16, 2015

Emily's Gender Reveal Party

Soccer games were early this morning, which left us a nice chunk of time to get things done around the house. After lunch and some chores the kids went to play at Tiff's. Cameron fell asleep over there...such a tired guy.


I had time to run and purchase our new couch (Yay!) and help prep for Emily Severson's gender reveal party. Once we put the kids to bed (well most of them) my parents came over and sat with the sleepies and the not so sleepy Cameron. We headed to the party and were so surprised to hear a live band outside when we pulled up to the house. Emily is so creative, always thinking outside the box. She asked the guests to dress in their gender predictions...I thought Alta Sumner dressed like a boy was so awesome, as well as Dave deRurange in pearls and a flower in his hair. I wore a pink sweater in hopes for a girl. The most exciting part was the reveal...there was a live band there and for the reveal they played the song, "My Brown-eyed Girl"! So happy for them.


I'm pretty happy not many people did these parties when I was having babies. I don't think I would have been patient enough to wait!

1 comments:

Aaron and Emily said...

Thank you so much for all your help!! I was glad to surprise everyone with the band, hope people didn't think I was too crazy!