Thursday, May 21, 2015

We're Good

Yesterday and today we have been watching a little girl whose mother just had back surgery. She is a very sweet and easy one year old. The kids were so excited to play with her and take care of her every need. I even heard a few comments, "Why don't we have a baby?" and "We should have a baby". But then today, after Aunika started to get really tired and kind of cranky, I overheard Cameron tell Braden, "Actually, I don't want a new baby". It really made me giggle.



After violin lessons and carpooling I took Noah to the Family Fun Center for MRE's Mother/Son activity. Since it was raining so hard everyone was inside the building spending money on arcade games. We won the raffle that got him an additional 40 tokens. I had the best time with Noah. There were times when I told him that he could go and play with some of the other boys he saw there, especially his cousins, but he said he wanted to stay with me. It made my mom heart swell. I asked him a million questions and we just enjoyed every minute together, especially our Shari's dinner afterwards. I love this tender boy.




There have been many times that I have wondered if we should have more children, but then I think of these cherished one-on-one times that happen way less often than I wish and I think, "No, we're good. I'm going to enjoy all I have already...because it's pretty awesome."

0 comments: