Monday, February 13, 2017

"Sickies"

I decided to take over the PTA post office this year, because our president couldn't find anyone to head it up and she was going to have to do it herself...again. So, I prepared for a couple of weeks prior to this getting volunteers and supplies ready. I had to go pretty early to get it all up and running this morning at the school. This meant that Aaron had to help finish getting some of the kids ready for school.

Nicole was tired from the weekend long party with friends and cousins. She was crying when I left. So, when Aaron came to the school he brought Nicole to me complaining that she wasn't feeling well. What she really needed was a day to recoup! I needed it too! So, I decided to take her home after she helped a bit at the post office. On the way to our car the school had a fire drill. We saw Noah's class filing out of his classroom as we were preparing to leave. He looked at Nicole confused. Why we she going home, I'm sure he wondered.

We waited a bit for the classes to file back inside then left to the store to get some more labels for the post office stamps. I think we had just turned at the light when I got a call from the school that Noah wasn't feeling well. Hmmm. Highly suspicious? Yes. I turned around and checked him out as well. He seemed completely normal until he'd remember he was sick and then there was an occasional moan and groan from his upset stomach. We quickly finished shopping and returned home to finish up their Valentine's.

I didn't mind the extra (little "sickie") hands.


0 comments: