Friday, February 10, 2017

This is EXACTLY what I signed up for...

When it came to my childhood wishes, all I ever wanted to do in life was to be a mother and homemaker.  A house full of happy children was what I dreamt of for as far back as I can remember. At my sixth grade graduation ceremony all of the students were asked what they wanted to do in life. While some wanted to be doctors or policemen, even NBA basketball stars, I stated that I wanted to be a mother. I remember being surprised by the giggles in the audience. Maybe it was too simple of a request?

Sometimes I step back from the hustle and bustle of the daily tasks and remember that little girl holding her baby dolls and loving her home. It's then that I realize, "Hey! I'm actually living the dream!"

And even better, I'm loving the dream.


Had to throw in this photo of Mary on her field trip today planting trees. 

0 comments: