Saturday, January 5, 2013

"God is love"

I saw the latest version of Les Miserables at the theater last night. The music, the story, the words, the principles of mercy and justice...they always move me and ring such hope and truth in my heart. I left feeling so grateful and motivated to love more like God.

I loved one of the final scenes when the words "to love another person is to see the face of God" were sung. Jean Val Jean, now deceased, walks towards the priest who helped him come to know God, and treat him with love. He was Jean Val Jean's catalyst for a whole new life and relationship with God.

These scriptures connect these thoughts for me...

1 John 4:12 "No man hath seen God at any time, except them who believe (JST), God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us."
And in 1 John 4: 7-8 "Let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love."


0 comments: