Monday, January 7, 2013

He May Have a Drinking Problem

This is my bottle loving baby. He walks around with empty or filled bottles for a good portion of each day. They soothe him. For a while I only gave him one in the morning when he woke up, I'd warm up the milk in the microwave in the pantry and he would lay on the floor in drunken contentment. Then he started asking for them more often. "MILK", he'd say, and he'd close the pantry door to let you know he wanted it "on the rocks". When we take him to the doctor they ask if he still drinks a bottle, and I say no...I used to say yes, get reprimanded, feel super guilty, and now I just let it be. I only give him water when he goes to bed so as to not destroy his teeth. And I'm not sure how to wean the little suckers away, or that I'm ready for him to give it up at all. Call me...Mama Enabler.


0 comments: