Monday, January 14, 2013

My Mary Sunshine

My Mary woke up late this morning telling me that she was too sick to go to school today (although there was nothing that actually bothered her--just those tired Monday blues, I think). And when my perfect angel school loving daughter tells me that...my eyes light up, because I miss her..all the time. Of course you can stay home my Mary Sunshine! But then I started to think about how I was scheduled to volunteer in her class and she started to think about how bored she'd get and she decided to go. Smart choice.


I am now back from volunteering in her classroom, something I really enjoy doing. It always makes me think back to my old teaching life. My mind always floods with great ideas I could use as a teacher and things I would have done differently now that I am a parent. I also start to think on how much I let teaching consume my life and energy, realizing that I am content with just observing and aiding.

The second I walked in the door today my Mary Sunshine gave me a hug like I was the best thing that ever happened to her, and all the while I thought to myself that she is the best thing that has ever happened to me! 

0 comments: