Saturday, June 29, 2013

A Sensational Saturday

This morning I got to help out at a local soup kitchen. I had never signed up to go before. It seems like this season of my life is allowing me more time away from the kids and home. I saw a few children at the shelter. It made my heart ache to see them homeless and hungry. I felt very grateful for our daily comforts, including our air conditioner on these extremely hot days. It was the perfect start to the day.

When I got home Aaron had already completed a million chores around the house. Everything looked so nice. My appreciation for all his hard work every day on our behalf grew ten times this morning.

Today was our last swimming lessons of the summer. Aaron took the kids while I headed to a darling garden boutique. I got to drive with Christine in the cool car....it felt like the ride took five minutes it was so fun chatting. The boutique was filled with adorable pillows, clothing, jewelry, etc. There were a lot of people there that I have only had a chance to interact with a few times, which made it extra special.

Then Damian made a nice barbecue for everyone when we returned. As you can imagine, by this point I am feeling almost embarrassed by how much pampering and service I had received throughout the day.

It was a great one.

The kids are becoming quite the swimmers. Their skills have improved so quickly in the last two weeks. Nikki and Cameron enjoyed splashing around in these awesome floating/jackets after swim lessons.



0 comments: