Sunday, June 23, 2013

Lazy Sunday

I love lazy Sundays. We had a few responsibilities in the morning but were able to actually take a nap after church (can't remember the last time that happened). Aaron concocted a delicious dinner followed by a nice Sunday stroll down our street while the brownies cooked in the oven. Please ignore Noah and his hiked up shorts. He was trying to be silly. 

We saw the remains of a couple dead animals on the side of the road. We could see the entire skeleton of one of them. It's face was side ways and you could see it's open mouth and sharp teeth. I think it was a cat, but I didn't want to look very long. Noah called it a saber-toothed tiger.


Damian addressed us at our ward conference today. For me it was a tender mercy and just a little evidence that God loves us, even as imperfect as we are. I was feeling pretty awful and humbled that morning by some of my weaknesses. His talk was just what I needed to hear. He spoke on how the Lord prunes our lives so that we yield the most fruit. I love it when you are praying for some kind of inspiration and you hear or read something that really touches your heart and helps you gain a little perspective. It made the Sunday all the more fantastic.

0 comments: