Monday, June 10, 2013

First Grade Hurrah!

Aaron and I have been throwing around the idea of having a big party with a taco truck for a couple years now. We were going to try and do it for Cinco de Mayo, but it was on a Sunday this year and the Quatro de Mayo just didn't have a good ring to it.

So, we decided to throw a Good-bye School, Hello Summer Party. And we wanted all our friends in the ward and some surrounding it to come. We booked a DJ, a taco truck, shaved ice, bounce house and tried to make sure we had it just perfect for our 160 guests (most of them children). Christine and Tiff helped watch the kids for me while I ran around and got all ready. Aaron made the yard gorgeous. We worked really hard for family night. It's coming together. I can't wait.

Mary also had her final first grade field trip to the park. We brought some popsicles and water balloons to the party. We got to stay for a few minutes while we watched 100 first graders run around with joyful smiles. Where has the time gone? Mrs. Dippel, our fabulous principal is retiring this year. I am so sad to see her go. She has a way of making families feel so loved, what a great gift.


And happy birthday to my amazing, funny, stylish sister-in-law Susan. I wish we lived closer. You;re so awesome! xoxo

0 comments: