Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Be Fruitful

I keep thinking about Damian's talk on Sunday...be fruitful, a commandment given to Adam and Eve that meant more than having children alone. He helped me recognize that our lives are pruned by the Lord of the vineyard, branches plucked and grafted to produce the greatest fruit. It may feel difficult at times, but with some faith we can realize what the Lord is doing for us. He shared the example of a pope who had a conference with his nuns and asked them to be fruitful, meaning do more good, be of more service, share more love, be more involved in God's great work.

I got to hold a brand new baby today. Oh how I loved it. We know we are done having children, but it made me wonder if we should have more. Quite honestly, I think about it every time I see a baby, or go to the temple, or see a pregnant woman. But this talk gave me some clarity and I feel at peace knowing that there are many ways we can produce good. Of course nothing can be as joyous and enriching as motherhood, but motherhood and discipleship take many different forms in this life.

What a great message.

0 comments: