Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Bedtime

The last few nights Cameron has been playing upstairs instead of going to sleep. I can hear him tinkering around with the toys and yesterday he came downstairs with marker all over his legs from his "little art project". Today I decided to not give him a nap to see if it would help. It was difficult keeping him awake through out the day, he kept wanting me to hold him and would rest is tired head on my shoulder. But in the end he went to sleep at 7 and stayed asleep for the night. I guess we will have to start making naps more sporadic around here.

Bedtime routines are sometimes exhausting. The teeth, floss, flouride, potty, pj's, baths, stories, prayers, etc. Aaron always jokes around that he wants to hire someone to come and do this procedure for us each day. I think the key is to go slowly--do one child at a time and it is more enjoyable. I don't know how large families do it.

Nicole usually has me put her to bed each night. She likes me to rock her and sing her to sleep. Right now she usually picks I am a Child of God or Noah was a Prophet. That part of bedtime is one of my favorite.

Happy Birthday to my incredible sister-in-law Sarah! Love you so!!!xoxo

0 comments: