Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Holy Smokes!

Oregon's on FIRE!

Today our governor declared Southern Oregon's wildfires a state of emergency.  This means white, cloudy skies of smoke everywhere around us. We have been advised to keep children inside. The real concern is that the fires are just barely contained. While I am not concerned that we are in any kind of immediate danger, I think we have a while to go in these conditions. Sad.

Mary is very worried for our safety. She closes her nose when she goes outside. The campfire smell sticks to you the second you step outdoors. I keep praying for some kind of miracle and success for our fire fighters. This could be an interesting summer.



1 comments:

Our7isheaven said...

I lived in the Hermiston area for 2 yrs in High School, but my Dad grew up in Oregon. Since I'm not real familiar with the teritory and I can't contact either of my Uncles. Do you know if the Hermiston area is in that region?

Paula
http://growinginjesusthroughhisword.blogspot.com