Friday, April 4, 2014

Confessions of a Lazy Mother

Cameron is now three years and four months old, yet we are still buying huge Costco diaper boxes. He's had glimpses of potty training success, but no consistent and permanent achievement. At first I took the attitude, it will happen when it happens, which worked for the rest of the kids. But now, I am realizing he is not potty trained because I am just plain old lazy--too lazy to wash several outfits in the day, too lazy to scrub the floors after an accident, too lazy to stop in the store to find a potty, too lazy to be consistent. After reading my darling friend Dianna's blog I realized I needed to get serious and get Cameron diaper free like her son. I printed out a potty chart, grabbed a few prizes at the dollar store and got to praising and encouraging. It was only ten o'clock when he earned his prize for the day. There were a few accidents and two hours of a pull-up use to help our babysitter during our date night. But overall it was a huge success. My favorite part was all the cheering and excitement his siblings showered him with. This is definitely something to celebrate!



1 comments:

Dianna said...

You are anything but a lazy mother! I'm glad it's going well though. I was dragging my feet on it too. Other than the expense, diapers were kind of convenient, right? I bet you're SO glad to be done with diapers. That stage is SOOOOO far away for me!