Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Noah the Artist

I got to volunteer in the classroom this morning and hit the book fair while Christine watched my kids. Cameron continued to go potty while he was there, which is a huge success! Noah's teacher sent me this picture of him painting in class.



After I picked them up we headed to Jaime for some fix-it-up haircuts. Yes, there is a good reason why I am not a hair dresser. Then, following piano lessons and dinner Mary and I spent several hours trying to bake a cake from a story that Mary read in school today (I got to read it too, since i was volunteering).

It's another sweet Patricia Polacco story. In it a frightened young girl becomes distracted from the scary storm with help of her Grandmother and her special recipe for Thundercake. She picks the tomatoes (there are tomatoes in the recipe), steals an egg from mean old Nellie Hen, and busily gathers up all the ingredients for the cake.

It came out very tasty. We will send it to Mary's class in the morning so they can give it a try. The only bad part of the day is that the kitchen is a real disaster.  I'll put that off until tomorrow.

0 comments: