Thursday, April 10, 2014

Duck the Pig

It's 6pm. The house is silent. Aaron dropped Mary off at soccer practice and took the rest of the kids to the park. It is so sweet to get a break like this every once in a while, especially since I've been feeling a little under the weather the last few days. My mind immediately starts thinking about all the things I want to do in the next hour....sleep, read, relax, blog; and all the things I need to do...church calling stuff, laundry, cleaning (my seriously messy house that I cannot seem to get clean this week at all), pay bills..the list goes on..FOREVER!

But in the end, the blog wins out. It's therapeutic to review my day. It's been a pretty normal day--school, homework, carpool, refereeing, cooking, laundry, cleaning. I did spent a good amount of time after I picked up Noah working on his project that is due tomorrow. Ya, that's me. The ultimate procrastinator.

When Mary was in kindergarten we turned her April sharing project into a movie. The assignment was to decorate a paper pig and create some facts to share. We made a Super Piggie movie that was really cute. Of course, we spent some of Spring Break making it.

This year I thought it would be fun to do the same thing only change the pig story to something Noah finds interesting. We got the assignment about a month ago. We discussed it and decided to make a music video of a pig who doesn't know how to say oink. While living on a farm he learns to say the sounds of all the other animals except his own. This story idea was inspired by the book How to Speak Moo and the song "What Does a Fox Say?"

Here were the beginnings of some of our lyrics...
The pig says oink

The pig says grunt
And French pigs say groin groin

But there's other sounds
My pig only knows...
What does my pig say?

Moo, moo, moo moo (pig standing by the cows)
Quack, quack, quack, quack...(stands by ducks)
Baa, baa, baa, baa...(by sheep)

What does my pig say?

You get the picture...it may have been cute, but oh well. At least it's done. And hopefully it's not too confusing.


0 comments: