Monday, January 16, 2017

A Full House and a Full Floor

Is there anything better than a house full of happy children? A girl scout and her mother rang our doorbell today selling cookies. When I opened the door the lady asked if I run a day care. With a giggle I answered, "Nope, these are just my kids and some of their cousins and friends." So sweet.

If there is one thing I can say I never quite figured out as a parent, it's sleep training children. I've tried songs, books, baths, lullabies, night lights. I've read books, told stories, and sought advice from friends and family. There always seems to be one or two children (sometimes 4) that have trouble falling or staying asleep and make their way down to our bedroom floor and into their "birdie nests", where they can magically fall asleep in a matter of seconds. Strange phenomenon.




0 comments: