Sunday, January 1, 2017

A White New Year

Waking up to a blanket of crisp, pure white snow was the perfect way to welcome the new year. Everything feels so fresh and untouched. No footprints, no evidence of a single soul. It's quiet and still and beautiful.

The kids rushed out with excitement upon seeing the winter wonderland. I started gathering supplies for the frosty hands and wet toes that would soon come running back to the house for help. Boots. Gloves. Hats. I grabbed it all out of the big Utah snow clothes bag perched on the top closet shelf, although I wasn't sure we'd be using it this year. Aaron got the golf cart ready to make the playtime extra fun (that's one of his Dad super powers). With church now at 1:00, there was lots of extra time for it all.

I guess that's part of starting a new year...365 days ahead of you, fresh and untouched...so much time unspent and unused. What paths do I want to mark up? What turns do I need to take? I'll be making messes and looking homeward for protection and comfort often. My sweet loved ones will be there to help me make the experiences so much more enjoyable than if I just stared at it from inside my window.

It's going to be a great one...

With lots of growth and so much love.

Welcome 2017!

You look good with little color.










0 comments: