Friday, January 20, 2017

CA or Bust

I am going a little crazy with all of the political unrest. Today was President Trump's inauguration. I am hopeful that some of the issues that I feel are important will change with his new presidency. I am worried what his character will do for our nation and more concerned that we will never recover from the division that is so real and tangible among our people. I have learned that silence is appropriate at times and prayer is necessary always. I feel a lot of peace when I think on things of eternal nature. I'm very grateful for this knowledge and understanding.

So, to get away from all the turmoil, we decided to travel home to the big city, in the middle of all the protests and marches (hmmm...was this smart?).

My mom drove with us and we had a great time chatting and being together. The weather held up and we didn't need any chains nor did we experience any travel delays, despite being pounded by rain. On our way in town we stopped off for a bite to eat at the Basque Cultural Center. Everything was delicious, as usual.

It feels SO good to be home.





0 comments: