Saturday, November 23, 2013

Bless My Parents

A few weeks ago, when we were living in the sick house I was aching for a good night's rest. So I asked my parents if they would stay at our home while Aaron and I went to sleep in some quiet cozy hotel room. They agreed...bless them. When it got closer and things became a little more normal I realized I didn't need the night of sleep as much. So, I told my mom we weren't going to do it anymore. She then offered to have my kids at their place and since she insisted I didn't fight it much (or I should say, I didn't want to fight it much).

Yesterday after my mom babysat while I went ot lunch with a friend, she babysat again. The kids got the royal grandma treatment...dinner, snacks, movies, games, questions---except with all the grandkids, making it a real party. Aaron and I went out to a dinner and movie and then we came home and went to bed early. I felt like I was on my honeymoon again. I loved it. I ended up sleeping for nine uninterrupted hours in the dark, no night lights, no leg pains, it was amazing!

And the kids? They had the best night ever. Cameron keeps asking when he can go sleep at Grandma and Grandpa's.

With all that rest the morning started with a bang...chores went so quickly I felt like I has been granted a day of super powers. After watching the tragic loss of our Cougars I even had enough energy to complete a few projects from my "forever" to do list...like, clean and organize the laundry room. I'd take a before picture, but that would be too embarrassing.  There isn't a lot of space in there, but I managed to make it my catch all for a long time now. Every cupboard, bin, and shelf was cleaned, organized, and it feels so good! All thanks to the help of my blessed parents. Love them so.



0 comments: