Sunday, November 17, 2013

Some Random Thoughts

1. I finally caught up yesterday on a lot of blogging. As with everything, slow and consistent is always the easiest path. I like the every day posting. I find it difficult when I get behind to catch up. It's just so much easier to spend five minutes a day and get it done. It's nearing the end of the year and I don't want to give up on my goal just yet.

2. I take really bad pictures. As I was looking at the quality of my shots yesterday, I was disappointed. I'm not quite sure how to remedy this situation, but I will definitely give it some attention.

3. This morning I gave a talk in another ward on obedience. I, of course, learned a lot about the subject and the more often I speak in wards the more I think on what type of speaker I'd like to become. I wish I could get up and speak for 20 minutes on a topic using a simple outline filled with lots of great stories. But each time I write a talk I rack my brain trying to think of applicable life experiences. Nothing ever seems interesting. This is one skill I would really like to improve upon.

4. After giving my talk I learned the following ward was having a ward conference, which we as a presidency needed to attend. We thought this conference was taking place next Sunday. It's a real blessing that I did speak and learned about the change in date. Two of us were able to attend their ward conference and do our sharing time for the primary children. This is one of those moments when you realize that you do all you can and the Lord seems to make up where we lack. I couldn't help but feel grateful and watched over.

5. The older I get the more I see the beauty in every individual I meet. My struggles to be a good parent and my many weaknesses have taught me not to judge. Everyone needs compassion and kindness.

Obviously, attending two wards today without having to care for any of my own children during sacrament has left me a lot of time to ponder and reflect. Thus, all the unconnected thoughts. I kept thinking today about the promise of taking the sacrament each week..that we will remain unspotted from the world. It doesn't just mean that we will remain worthy each week if we repent and renew our covenants, but to me, it also means that we will have added wisdom, strength, and insight to help carry us along throughout the week with proper eternal perspective.

0 comments: