Friday, January 31, 2014

A Little Finicky

My Cameron may be a tad finicky. He always insists on a green plate at dinner, because that's a boy color. If Grandma is in the room, he has to have her get him a drink or change his diaper because she does it the best. If Eliza lets him borrow some "glubs" (gloves) he has to wear them all the time, like when he sleeps or eats dinner (even though it's a challenge to eat with them). After I get him dressed he often changes his clothes into his more comfortable pajama attire (I kind of understand that one) and he has a hard time taking off his argyle church socks for the plain white ones I try convincing him to wear throughout the week.

I don't mind though because he offsets his finickiness with sweet thank yous, loving smiles, and some eyelash batting. That coupled with  his cute way of speaking and explanations for his decisions makes me give in almost every time. Today he wouldn't take off his Dixie sweatshirt and hood for the life of him. He wore it everywhere, even to bed. It's been like that all week, even at stake conference. He had to wear it over his church clothes.

This little boy entrances me. I love observing him speak and watch him make choices for himself. I love chatting with him and understanding his thought process.



0 comments: