Sunday, January 26, 2014

Happy Birthday Ashton

Today was Ashton's 11th birthday. He is such an amazing young man. He is probably Noah's greatest hero. We celebrated a Cafe Rio style dinner with the family. I was in charge of the beans and rice. Instead of the canned black beans Aaron made some feijoada. It was delicious. He bought a new pressure cooker the night before and we soaked the beans over night. It all tasted incredible.


In the morning I had the kids work on decorating some notes to the homeless before stake conference. A friend of ours, not of our faith and touched by seeing those in need, helped arrange for a group of people to buy and gather "blessing bags" for 130 homeless people in our community. Then she had the idea to have families write notes or scriptures to include in the bags. I wrote my testimony of Heavenly Father and the Savior. It was such a beautiful experience being part of the project and having our children think beyond ourselves. I felt like I was sharing my testimony with others, which was a real joy.

0 comments: