Friday, January 24, 2014

Basque Dinner


 My mom made a delicious and traditional six-course five-star basque meal for a couple (and their guests) who purchased it at our youth auction/fundraiser last year. It was an incredible evening. Basque clothing, Basque decorations, Basque recipes, Basque music, and real live basque people! I helped by making the gateau Basque and plating the meals my mom had prepared. She really did a fantastic job. 

It's amazing how strong that Spirit of Elijah is. I feel such a desire to stay connected to our heritage and know more about my ancestors. That pull pushes me to do my family history work, especially as I see the traditions and culture slipping away into the world.












1 comments:

Tiffany said...

AMAZING! I'm so glad you took pictures so I could see it.